Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm leaving, on a jet plane...

Hey NHA!
I hope you're all having a great week and that you were able to get out an enjoy those few hours of sunshine yesterday, hopefully we'll see more of that and less of the white stuff here in March. I read in the newspaper today that Mansfield had the most snow out of any Ohio city in the month of February. A whopping 49.1 inches! That is just amazing.
As many of you already know, I leave for Haiti this Thursday. I'll be down there for 11 days helping a church put the roof on their new building. This is the same church that I and a team of young adults from my church in Mansfield visited last summer and helped pour the foundation for the building. I can't wait! I love working with my hands and helping to share the love of Christ through tangible, hands-and-feet ministry. I can't speak Creole, the native language, but everyone understands hard work and the gift of a building to gather in to give praise and honor to God. If you think to pray for me in the next weeks, pray for strength, a good attitude, and for the health of myself and the other 13 guys going down. Haiti is a rough country and I know the devil is going to try and discourage us and I pray that we might have the resolve to lean upon God and not ourselves to make it though.
In my absence (no, I won't be flying back for Sunday mornings!) Dan Peterson from the district Converge office will be sharing with you on Sunday mornings. Dan has a deep passion for up-and-coming churches such as NHA and I know what he brings from God's Word will bless you. So, come and join us this Sunday once again at 11 AM in the Little Theater of Ashland High School. The coffee will be hot, the fellowship will be warm and inviting, and the Holy Spirit will no doubt enter in like a gentle breeze.
Bon voyage, auf wiedersen, ciao, and see you later, alligator!